The Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lounge

The Place To Be. Point Blank.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sheriff cites language as reason for wanting Shaq's badges back!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Sheriff cites language as reason for wanting Shaq's badges back! Empty
PostSubject: Sheriff cites language as reason for wanting Shaq's badges back!   Sheriff cites language as reason for wanting Shaq's badges back! EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 11:57 pm

Shaquille O'Neal will lose his special deputy's badge in Maricopa County because of language he used in a rap video that mocks former teammate Kobe Bryant.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said the Phoenix Suns center's use of a racially derogatory word and other foul language left him no choice. Arpaio made Shaq a special deputy in 2006 and promoted him to colonel of his largely ceremonial posse later that year.

"I want his two badges back," Arpaio told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "Because if any one of my deputies did something like this, they're fired. I don't condone this type of racial conduct."

Shaq was seen in a video posted on the celebrity news and gossip Web site TMZ.com rapping that "Kobe couldn't do without me." O'Neal skewers the Lakers' star, with whom he won three straight NBA titles from 2000-2002 while with Los Angeles, for not being able to win a championship without him.

"I was freestyling. That's all. It was all done in fun. Nothing serious whatsoever," O'Neal told ESPN.com Monday. A call to the Suns on Tuesday seeking comment from O'Neal was referred to his public relations firm, which didn't immediately respond.

Arpaio, who describes himself as "America's Toughest Sheriff" and is best known for feeding jail inmates green bologna, clothing them in pink underwear, and making them work on chain gangs, said he didn't expect his actions would teach Shaq a lesson. But he hoped he learns that as a role model who wants to someday be a full-time sheriff, he needs to know his words matter.

"Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I don't think that either conduct should be out there publicly, even if media wasn't there," Arpaio said.

O'Neal previously served as a reserve officer with the Miami Beach Police Department while playing for the Miami Heat. He also volunteered with the Tempe Police Department after being traded to the Suns in February.
Back to top Go down
Furtado.
Admin
Furtado.

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff cites language as reason for wanting Shaq's badges back!   Sheriff cites language as reason for wanting Shaq's badges back! EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 12:12 am

lmfao dumbass
Back to top Go down
http://thelounge.niceboard.biz
L0S

L0S

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff cites language as reason for wanting Shaq's badges back!   Sheriff cites language as reason for wanting Shaq's badges back! EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 12:30 am

lmao. okay, shaq's my nigga.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff cites language as reason for wanting Shaq's badges back!   Sheriff cites language as reason for wanting Shaq's badges back! Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheriff cites language as reason for wanting Shaq's badges back!
Page 1 of 1